Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Celebrating Taylor's 30th!

If you know me at all, you know that I LOVE to throw a party! I started asking Taylor about two months ago what he wanted to do for his birthday and it was the typical, "I don't know." Ugh! To say the least, it kind of got put on the back burner considering everything else that has been going on. While on our mini-vacation last weekend, I insisted that he make some sort of plan to celebrate. I mentioned LOTS of things, but he ultimately decided on dinner and a comedy club. I immediately began to text everyone the plan and get a count for who would be able to attend.

I wanted to have some sort of surprise incorporated with his birthday, so I secretly sent a text to his friends in Tyler: Jason & Alicia and Ryan & Alicia. Ryan and Alicia were immediately in! Jason and Alicia made a last minute decision to come, but everything worked out without a hitch!

What a perfect night! We started off by meeting 3 other couples at the Pour House before dinner. I loved the 'chill' atmosphere and getting to see everyone!
The Switzer's, Gibson's, Lansford's and Smith's

Jason and Alicia
Josh and Briana
Ryan and Alicia



 After the Pour House we went to Pappadeaux to stuff our faces! I think we all ate light all day so that we could have empty bellies for such a delicious dinner. We are so blessed to have such amazing friends and family to celebrate the BIG things and the small things in our lives. There were 17 of us for dinner...
Sweetest friend in the world...Camille!


Ashlee and Dale
Chris and Anne
Doug, Lindsay and Rhonda (Lindsay's Mom)
Aaron and Taylor
Ryan and Alicia




Picture Posing Time!


Uh...yep, that's my husband :)
Who knows! Obviously they're in awe of the Captain America tattoo!
The Smith Brothers: Taylor, Chris and Doug
Jason, Taylor and Josh

SISTERS!
After stuffing ourselves, some of us walked over to Four Day Weekend for an improv comedy show. It is a MUST if you're in the FtW area! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and it was well worth our money. We were a few minutes late to the show, which meant that NO seats were available in the theater for 10 late comers. Oh well! We placed our booties on the stairs and watched the show from there. The next time we will definitely be early :)
Me, Briana and Anne
Me and Briana


After Four Day Weekend, some needed to get on the road to head home while the rest of us went to the Flying Saucer. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful night...absolutely gorgeous!

Our sweet friends from Tyler. So blessed!

Large Fries and a Diet Coke...yes please! I think I might have left a
handful for Taylor. My weakness at midnight driving home :)



 Oh yeah...and my gift to Taylor...

Cowboys Tickets!



No comments:

Post a Comment