Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Past few days...

Ahhh...Sundays always remind me of the start of a fresh new week! I'm in desperate need of a REDO :) Last week was rough, the past few days have been really rough, so I'm hoping this week is much better!

Last Wednesday I posted about taking some medication to hopefully cramp out the remainder of the endometrium in order to prevent having surgery. FAIL! I stayed up all night, taking the medication every 4 hours and anticipating the worst pain of my life. Nothing. I took my last pill at 6 in the morning on Thursday and around 8:30 decided that I would call the doctor to just make sure that I didn't need to eat or drink, due to the fact that it was inevitable that I'd be having surgery later that afternoon. She agreed and I was so glad that I called!

The drive to the hospital was horrific. I was nauseated beyond belief! Taylor pulled over in Granbury so that he could get a bag for me to puke in, but too late...the ground at Subway was just perfect. I know, TMI again! (I'm hoping this is the last post EVER about this anyways) Luckily, we made it to the doctor's office and they immediately got me in for another sonogram. The results were just what we expected...nothing happened overnight. The doctor was present for the exam and said that she'd call the OR and get everything going for a D&C.

I have said it over and over and I will say it over and over again...everyone I encounter at Texas Health Harris Methodist Southwest Hospital is AMAZING! They have the sweetest voices, genuine sympathy and excellent bedside manners. They weren't going to be able to do surgery til after 5, but luckily they were able to squeeze me in earlier and we left the hospital around 6.

Friday morning I woke up a new woman! I think the surgery helped me psychologically and physically. I felt great! Taylor was heading to the Dublin Livestock Auction to get a couple of steers, so I decided to join him.


I haven't been that excited in a while...and it was about time I put a smile on my face :) Walking into the auction was just like I remembered watching on John Michael Montgomery's CMT music video of Sold: The Grundy County Auction years and years ago. I LOVED it! Of course I wanted to buy every calf that came through, until Taylor informed me that they would have to be bottle fed. Bottle fed?! That's easy. Uhhh...not when I can't leave the house for more than a few hours a day for about 2 months and they have to be fed 3 times a day. No thanks....at least right now in life! Here is a little bit of what we listened to and watched for about 2 hours...

Once we figured out (sort of) what the auctioneer was saying, Taylor finally chose 2 cows that he bid on and WON! Who knew that cows could be so expensive?! Now I know why beef is nearly $5/pound at the grocery store! I introduce to you Oreo and Blizzard (Brooke's choice)...
Blizzard and Oreo

They're in there...somewhere!
Friday we finally got our sweet girl back from Science Camp! So glad that she had a great week at Camp Gee & Gramps, Camp Dale & Pat and Science Camp, but we are so glad that she's back with us! We had a family reunion in Granbury this weekend, so it was perfect for getting to see everyone.

Sunday we were welcomed with Anne, Chris and Mom joining us at church. It is so comforting knowing that we have such a wonderful support system during this time in our lives. So blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment